CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

When I was 13...

When I was thirteen I was in the eighth grade. I was wearing a full mouth of braces, about to get spectacles and was the class clown. Braces were the fad back then and everyone wanted them. haha. I got along great with my teachers and the kids. I liked being the funny one, and that definitely followed me through high school. I could be shy at the same time. I played sports all the time. Thats basically all I did. I was one of the boys. Growing up the only girl in my neighborhood I knew how to hold my own. I would play street hockey, and was kind of tough. If someone was messing with me, I messed with them right back. That has definitely changed now. I am not a fighter. I had a great group of friends and we formed our own clique called "the tent peeps." We called ourselves this because we slept in a tent one night. haha. I look back at thirteen and wonder how anyone could have dealt with us. I was happy to get out of my first year of teen hood and move onto high school. Middle school wasn't the best time. Me and my best friend were often ridiculed as being lesbians together, which we are not, but when you are that young you don't understand why people would say something like that and you don't know how to diffuse what you feel inside about it. I have definitely learned and grown up a lot since then (you would hope haha), but the person I was back then still resonates inside of me.

1 comments:

Dr. Lesley Bogad said...

The tent peeps... memories!

How do you think that "fighter" remains a part of you if it doesn't surface in the same way today? What shifted that performance for you? DO you know?

LB :)